Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome!

Like the rest of life, this blog is an experiment.

I hope the blog will provide a space for people to share thoughts and information. I have named the blog "Boone Sangha." In fact, there is no such group. Not formally. And perhaps if such a group were formal, it would be less real. I don't know.

I do know that a group of us have been meeting regularly on Sunday afternoon to meditate. We sit for about 20 minutes, then we silently walk, then we get together again to drink tea. You could call the tea drinking time a "Dharma talk." Someone from the group reads something short, and then we talk about it. Often we talk about other things too.

Most recently, we have been meeting at the Councill House, Boone, NC at 1 p.m. Every Sunday.

While I think of the group as a sangha, I'm not sure if other people do. We have no "membership." No dues are paid. While the readings we discuss are generally Buddhist, not all of the people sitting with us would identify themselves as Buddhist. But "Boone Sangha" had more of a ring than "Boone Group" or "Meditation Group in Boone." So - that's what I've named the blog. I suspect that the group itself will remain unnamed. Or maybe it won't. I don't know.

Anyway - this is not my blog. This is a group blog. Feel free to post comments or art or other information.

I hope all of you are well!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sangha friends. Life is good today. Time for a transition to Summer time. Thinking about being in the sun and summer rain, gardens and time enjoying the mountains. Just wanted to check in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this group open to anyone? I live in Boone and have started getting involved in Buddhism. I would like to come by one Sunday - is this okay?

    ReplyDelete